CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

April 6, 2012

Our Sick Little Guy, Easter Activities and More Adventures ...

Well, for those who don't know, Jamie came home from school sick on Wednesday ... his third day of school. His pediatrician said he has a bacterial infection in his eye (conjunctivitis) and the start of a cold, so we are laying low for Easter weekend instead of driving to my brother's and will spend Easter with our grandparents here. Sadly, he also had to miss his school party. Hopefully it'll be a quick heal because 1. I hate to see my baby so sick, and 2. Anyone who's ever given a toddler eye drops knows that it'll be a battle 3 times a day for a week and I'd rather not make it a day longer!!

Jamie's pediatrician said that his school would allow him to could go back to school today if he was on eye drops. I asked if she was sure and she said yes, but I decided to keep him home through the weekend.

Well, this is what he looked like when he woke up. We obviously need a new pediatrician!!


On the subject of school, he is very much enjoying himself. He has made new friends and is doing better than I expected on saying goodbye in the mornings and napping. Eating his meals and snacks was never anything I worried about!!

My first "official" day at the law firm is on Monday, but I've already been given homework and went in twice this past week to get an idea of what is going on, so I'll hit the ground running and hopefully come up for air at some point. It looks like it's going to be an interesting job and I've been given creative and organizational freedom, so I am excited to see how we can increase the firm's business.

After George's dad passed and we had to make all of those hard decisions and hope we were filling his wishes, I saw the importance of planning. That is what this firm does, long term planning for families, special needs children and estates, so I am excited to learn how we can improve and prepare for our futures and Jamie's ... though hopefully, we will have long ones of course!!

Well, I'm off to pass out more medicine ... fever medicine for Jamie and headache medicine and another cup of coffee for me!! Keep our little guy in your prayers for a quick recovery!!

2 Tea Party Guest:

molanoso said...

Wow, D'Anne I'm so proud of you & your new job. It sounds very interesting. Hope the little fella gets better. I'm experiencing some eye problems as well. I think it's from the wind n allergies. somewhat of symptoms of a cold but that can b a part of allergies as well but all I know is that at times my head feel light headed.

ancient one said...

Congrats on the new job!! sounds exciting. I'll pray for Jamie's eye to get well quickly. It looks like it hurts. Hope you have a very Happy Easter!!