CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 2, 2008

Another day at the hospital ...

Well, when I last posted George's dad was getting better, the doctors were ready to send him to a skilled nursing facility with the expectation that with physical therapy by December his dad would be ready to return home. But on Thursday, his condition changed ...

We don't know why. All of his labs came back the same, but his was disoriented and combative with us and the staff once again. He managed to pull out three feeding tubes (all while he was with a sitter) and he began to collect fluid in his abdomen.

As of yesterday, he was in a semi-comatose state, but they decided not to move him to ICU.

The doctors called this morning and said that his organs are starting to fail. It's hard to sit here, they give him 48-hours, maybe a little more. George is holding his hand and talking to him, but we don't know how much he can understand. We have some tough days ahead of us, and I don't know how much blogging I will be doing. I'm already behind on getting my school work turned in and I'm doing what I can work-wise from my laptop.

8 Tea Party Guest:

smilnsigh said...

-sigh-

Gentle hugs to the both of you...

Miss Mari-Nanci

ABW said...

All I can say is "I understand".

Thinking of you both.

Marilyn Litt said...

OT: I saw you post to ABW about the voting challenge. You might take a look at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/pamphlets/faqs.shtml

Also there is a way to file a contested ballot. That is when you vote, but your ballot is set aside until it is proved you can vote.

Also see this article. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6086931.html

I realize this is not at the top of his list with his father in the hospital. Thank you both for your service.

ancient one said...

Prayers are with you. ((((hugs))))

lime said...

i'm so sorry to hear it. hugs and prayers at this difficult time.

Sue said...

Know that there are prayers without ceasing rising for you all. These days are so painful, but the fact that you and George can be there to hold his hand and pray - he knows, Michelle, somehow your fil does know and realize and treasure your presence.
Many hugs for you all. And may you know that God's love is ever present.
Sue

Vee said...

Oh I missed seeing this post. I'm so sorry that this has been such an up and down journey for you and your family. My thoughts are with you...

Alice said...

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that your FIL's condition has worsened. I'll say prayers for him and for you and your husband as well.