CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

October 28, 2008

Decisions ...

George's dad is getting better everyday and of course the time has come for us to chose a care facility (nursing home just envokes harsh memories of sad and ill elderly that my Family used to visit when I was a child.) The social worker stopped by to give us a list of facilities so of course we start doing Internet research. Then like long lost relatives visiting a lottery winner, representatives from various facilities begin to stop by. It has been overwhelming, but not as overwhelming as learning merely 15 minutes ago that they want to release his dad in the next 24-hours!

What!?! He' still on a feeding tube and we haven't even had a chance to visit any facilities! OMG! Time is of the essence! We've got to get busy on this, so if I don't get a chance to stop by your vlogs in the next few days, rest assured that I am still alive, just pulling my hair out! I'll post an update on these not-so-merry adventures when I get a chance!

Until our next cup of tea ...

6 Tea Party Guest:

Anonymous said...

That's not easy! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers as you wrestle with this decision.

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my blog. I've added you to my blogroll so I can visit you again.

xo,
Lynda

smilnsigh said...

People are put out of the hospital, when the Insurance Company says so. :-( I'm sorry you had to learn this, this way.

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

ancient one said...

I will pray that you find the perfect one. My daughter has worked at a few nursing homes. Some are pretty good places. The main thing is the people that work there. Some care about the patients and some are slackers. Let's pray that you get good people looking after your FIL. I'm trusting GOD to let you know exactly where he would have your FIL. ((((HUGS))))

Alice said...

We faced a similar situation last month with my MIL. We were familiar with a local rehab center and were lucky that she was able to get in there. I'm happy to say that she is back in her own home now and doing really well. I pray for the same for your FIL.

Sandra said...

Oh man that is just not right, I'm praying for you.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog, I'm so glad you did :)

Sue said...

Praying my friend - for all the things that need to be considered -and the burdens on your heart.
Sending you big hugs,
Sue