CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 10, 2007

Would you like a cup of tea? Virtual Tea pt. 1

Welcome to my virtual tea party. I am really excite to sit down with my cup of tea and share with you stories of people who inspire me as well as stories of tea cups/sets from my collections.

The first person is, of course, my beloved husband George. This is on of my favorite pictures of him that he emailed to me during the last deployment. For those of you who, like me, live life interrupted by deployments and training, understand the importance of something as small as a quick email, hurried phone call or cherished photograph. Life goes on, but there is always an empty spot until your Soldier/service member returns home.

We've been married for 3 years and 3 months, but after calculations during a recent extended training exercise, we have realized that we have only spent about a year and a few months actually together. It makes the time together all the more precious.

We met in college. At first he and a high school friend (female) were looking for another roommate when moving out of the dorms and we worked together in Houston and I said that I was transferring to Sam Houston State University.

Two years later, our senior year, I moved into my own small apartment and he moved in with some of the other ROTC cadets ... two houses down from my apartment. Needless to say, I was over there a lot feeding the "poor" hungry guys and our friendship bloomed into more.

A year after graduation, he proposed at midnight Christmas Eve, while on home from Officer School. The following May we married and arrived here, at our first duty station. Since then, life has been hectic and happy.

One thing has always remained the same he has spoiled me like a princess, but always treated me like an equal.

No matter how much he has to do at work, caring and training his Soldiers. He has always made time for me, even if it is just a quick email or hurried phone call when away.

I can't imagine a life without him, nor remember what it was like before him.



This tea cup and saucer is a set I got when on our honeymoon in Mexico, in December. In the Army it is hard to plan trips in advance. When he got home from deployment in December he surprised me with a trip. We had so much fun.

When we went shopping in Playa del Carman, I found this in a little shop. It was too cute to pass up. There were silver sets and stuff, but I wanted something that was authentic, so I chose this little pottery piece. It is hand painted with the artist's signature on the bottom. I think it is perfect with all of it's imperfections.

Until our next cup of tea ...

12 Tea Party Guest:

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. It must be so dfficult to have your husband so far away. I am glad that I stopped by for tea to see your lovely blog. I pray that your husband comes home safe and well and very soon. Blessings, Karen

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Having spent my life as a dependent and then a military wife I know too well the hardships of separation and anxiety. I pray every night for our brave men and women. Thank-you for sharing...

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed reading your post! Im not drinking tea but do have a can of coke so it's still caffeine ;) What a handsome hubby you have. Must be hard being apart so often {hugs}

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Michelle, Thanks for sharing your tea party with your husband. How hard it must be to have him away so much. Please tell him that there are many who pray for the troops and support their efforts to keep us safe. I loved your precious tea cup and the memories you shared. I will keep you both close to my heart and in my prayers. God Bless. (Please forgive me if you receive 2 posts--I thought I submitted, but then receiveda second submission box... Just delete this one, if the other came through.)

Anonymous said...

Blessings on you as you wait for your husbands return.
My daughters best friend just married a military guy and we have seen how hard it can be to be separated for periods of time...
Your Mexican teacup is great! I love the colors...

Annie Beez said...

What a sweet post Michelle! Your hubby is a cutie, and I'm sure he misses you just as much! Tell him from me how much I appreciate what he is doing to insure the freedom of my family and loved ones. You two are in my prayers!~Annie

lime said...

sweet to tknow the story behind the two of you. and i love that tea cup and saucer. i like the folksyness of it.

Scrappy Moments said...

Nice to meet you and loved your tea party. Tell your husband how much we appriciate His Service to Our Country. What a Great Devotion to him. Prayers are With Him and all Of Our Troops!

Angie
http://www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com/

Alice said...

Your husband is really handsome! It was fun to read the story of your romance. A good choice, the little pottery tea cup. What memories it will always hold.

smilnsigh said...

Dear Rose-Michelle,
What a beautiful thing to say! "One thing has always remained the same he has spoiled me like a princess, but always treated me like an equal." -happy sigh-

You both are blessed because I'm sure you treat him, equally well.

And a perfect story to go with a lovely tea cup. Just perfect!

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

ABW said...

What a tribute to your hero!

I love the teacup stories too.

I'll weather through this deployment with you, I think we are close to the same timeframe. Hang in there!

Angel Heart Designs said...

I love all your beautiful tea cups..thank you for sharing..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby and hope all troops come home soon~