CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

July 25, 2007

Craft Corner: Freedom and Cup of Tea

Ta da! Here is the project that I did at the sewing class today. I was a little disappoint with the class and teacher (I was the only one there and she couldn't answer any of my questions) so my plans for the pillow were altered, and now I may make it a wall hanging instead of a pillow. As you can see, the text is actually freedom in five languages.

I also got a surprise in the mail ... my back issues of Tea Time Magazine. Actually it was a long time coming. I found this magazine by accident one day and fell in love with it. It is a bi-monthly magazine dedicated to all things tea. So I decided to check out the back issues and pick a few, but I found that it is a faily new magazine so I decided to order a few each month until I get all the back issues. Well I ordered these May 31 and six weeks and two emails later they had still not arrived nor had I been contacted, so I called the customer service. The lady said the order hadn't been sent from the web site order site so I orded them again last Thursday.
I have for these, so if you have any of the other issues and want to get rid of them or know someone who does please let me know. It is definately something that I would love to spend some time on during the upcoming deployment.
- Tea Time Fall 2003
- Tea Time Fall 2004
- Tea Time Fall 2005
- Tea Time Winter 2006

In addition to the Tea Time Magazines I got a back issue of the Just Cross Stitch Magazine ... Feb. 2001. Do you see why??? Because it featured tea party projects! Yeah! The one I really liked is the patterns on the tea cozies below, but since I don't use cozies very often, I think when I get to this project I might put the larger piece in the center of a table runner with the smaller on either. What do you think?

5 Tea Party Guest:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the pillow didn't work, but the wall hanging sure did! Nice!

Grimstarr said...

You know what I think about the wall hanging. If things are weird at work, I'm sorry. I'm just ... well, you know. Just know that it has NOTHING to do with you or KG. I dunno what I'm doing or why I'm doing it anymore. I'll talk to Dr. G for you. See you later, gator.
TG

Darla said...

I like the wall hanging very much and I think the two patterns in the last photo would look great on a table runner although I just received a tea cozy as a gift and I do like using them.

Darla

stitcherw said...

Your Freedom piece is lovely, and your tea magazines look like they'd be lots of fun.
Sue

ABW said...

I love that wall hanging, I might have to find something similar after I finish up two quilts I need to get working on! Your posts make me laugh and I can so relate!