CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

April 2, 2007

Craft Corner: Spring Ahead Exchange

Hello All! Hope you are all expreicning warmin weather. It has been a help for to to have warmer weather when trying to work on spring crafts.
As some of you may know, I belong to a few Yahoo! Groups, including three cross stitch. Recently I took a chance and signed up for an exchange for Spring (I'd had some bad luck not getting stuf previously). For those who don't know an exchange is just that, you collect stuff, usually guidelines or theme, and exchange with a partner. This one was a general Spring theme, so after talking to my assigned partner, I felt confident that I could pick something out for her.
I held off posting until she had received it, which she sent me an email this weekend thanking me for the package. Here was her response on the group web page (posted with permission) ...

Michelle,
Your package arrived today and everything is lovely. There was pretty yellow towel with an Easter design and a note book to list my stitching needs. In the thread department there is a skein of teal Jewel effects, a skein of yellow rayon, Kreinik silk Mori in med lavendar and lavender varigated silk ribbon. I look forward to working with the silk. I have another project ready to work on. It is two decorated Easter eggs to stitch on a pretty pink linen, complete with the floss.
The sampler of Hearts will be a challenge to work with. Now I have an excuse to find a store that carries Gloriana Silk Floss. Smokie will have fun playing with the catnip toys. She is sleeping with one of them now. Thank you so much for everything. I think that I'm going to start on the eggs tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can get them done before next Sunday but will get a good start on them for next Easter. I can tell you had a good time shopping. Once again thank you so much.

5 Tea Party Guest:

stitcherw said...

What a fun package you put together, I can see why she would enjoy it. All the different colors are lovely, very spring like.
Sue

Cheryl said...

Great exchange gift you put together!

stitcherw said...

I know you like teacup patterns. Have you seen the freebie at Vermillion Stitchery's site? As soon as I saw it I thought of you. Here is the link, it is under their sample designs tab in case this doesn't work.
Sue
http://www.vsccs.com/Sample%20Designs/SampleDesigns.html

Anonymous said...

Just wavin' HI! :)

Meari said...

What a nice package you put together, and a nice 'thank you' post. :)