CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

January 24, 2007

Obviously 'no' means 'no'

Taking a tip from the ever trendsetting Lime ... here is an article I came across in my daily reading.


There are some days that you can’t get me to do a thing. You can entice me with all the bribes you want, if I don’t want to do it then I don’t. Know I thought I had some stay-power when it came to putting my foot down against doing something, but apparently, even my willpower can be outlasted.

JENA, Germany Jan 24, 2007 (AP)— Scientists in the eastern German city of Jena said Wednesday they have finally given up after three years of failed attempts to entice a sloth into budging as part of an experiment in animal movement.

The sloth, named Mats, was remanded to a zoo after consistently refusing to climb up and then back down a pole, as part of an experiment conducted by scientists at the University of Jena's Institute of Systematic Zoology and Evolutionary Biology.

Neither pounds of cucumbers nor plates of homemade spaghetti were appetizing enough to make Mats move.

"Mats obviously wanted absolutely nothing to do with furthering science," said Axel Burchardt, a university spokesman.

Mats' new home is the zoo in the northwestern city of Duisburg where, according to all reports, he is very comfortable.


Now I love me some pasta and cucumbers are a good and healthy, but do you think they could have tried some chocolate? Maybe a nice cold beer on a hot afternoon? Anybody think about ice cream? These are things that motivate me. Guess it’s a good thing I’m not a scientist anyway, I would have quit long before the three year mark.

1 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

LOL, i was thinking the exact same thing.....CHOCOLATE!!!!

fun choice of an article ;)