CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 3, 2006

Foot Fettish Friday No. 5: Puppy Love

In honor of my beloved sidekick who has seen me at my worst during the deployment I give you Puppy Love.
Sgt. Major, now 2 1/2 years old, so I guess he is no longer a puppy, offered me a "paw" for this week's Foot Fettish Friday. The quotes were sent by a fellow stitcher in one of my Yahoo! Groups. Enjoy ...


We give dogs time we can spare,
space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
-Franklin P. Jones

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
-Unknown

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come from a grocery with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
-Ben Williams

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry


Here's my "not so little" guy. At nearly 65 lbs. and less than two feet tall, this English bulldog can be a "bully" when it comes time to eat. Unfortunately, he also thinks he is a lap dog and I have the bruises to prove it. Since George's deployment he has taken to leaning against me, if not completly across my back when he sleeps in the bed with me. My chest and has gotten quite a workout in the past few months as I lift the additional weight with every breathe. But really, who wouldnt want to be greeted with this kind of enthusiasm every time they walked through the door.

2 Tea Party Guest:

lime said...

too cute for words. glad you've got a faithful little buddy keeping you company.

Anonymous said...

I'm a dog girl, kiss the dog on the lips, dog sleeps in bed with me, etc., so I know what you're talking about here! And like Lime, I'm glad you've got some company while your husband is working to keep us all safe.