CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

December 1, 2005

Craft Corner: Online community ...

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We went to visit our families in Houston an although I tried my best to get some homework done for the class I'm taking (working on my master's) I just couldn't concentrate, so I did some stitching.

I'm happy to say that I finished a "major hurdle" on a project I am working on with our family name on it. I think I have decided to put it in the kitchen when I'm finished. Now I just have to finish the border, which is not intricate, but has a lot of small stitching.

I also got my first "Secret Sister" this week and am very excited. I recently found an online cross stitch group and have been learning from the others. I decided to sign up for the "Secret Sister" because it sounded really fun.

Once a month for three months we send a package to our secret sister with $30 worth of treasures either stitching or other items. We filled out a questionnaire so we get to learn a little bit about our secret sister. It's kinda fun if you think about. For once the only in my mailbox will not be bills.

Anyway, I was hesitant at first with the whole online community thing, but its really fun. I was signed up on a Miribilia group as well, but they didn't have any activity, so I removed it from my list. I was really upset to because I enjoy Miribilia and Lavender and Lace designs.

Regardless I'm glad I found it. I really hope it will help keep me busy when my husband deploys in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

0 Tea Party Guest: