CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

November 7, 2005

Another day closer ...

Things are settling into a normal pace around here. Sgt. Major is getting into the groove as well ... in other words he's finding out he is can't go to daddy when he gets in trouble.

There have been a few times that I get mad at him because of something, then I feel guilty. Like yesterday when I went to make a bagel with cream cheese. After toasting the bagel I pulled the cream cheese container out of the fridge and it was empty. I wasn't mad persay, just aggravated. Had I known I would have put it on the grocery list. Then I felt bad for being mad at him.

The hard part is not being able to talk to him or even send him letters. They had a drop box for letters when they were at Chaffee and even though they couldn't write back, we could send letters and cards. There's so much that I want to say, but have to keep notes or send emails that he can't get until he gets back.

Like yesterday I took Sgt. Major to the new park by the house. He had so much fun watching the kids play and exploring the woods around the park.

The other day I got a call from Alexandria (VA) from the Army Community Service or something about some photos that I entered in a contest. I haven't been able to get in touch with them, but I hope that means that at least I won at the post level, but they haven't posted the results.

I think the hardest part is not having someone to bounce ideas off of. I mean I love the friends that I have here, especially Jenn whom I went to college with. She brought her two children to my church's fall festival Saturday and we had a fun time.

Anyway, I guess I'll get back to doing laundry ... I kinda like this whole blog thing ... it gives me a chance to vent and a place for others who have "been there/done that" to offer advice on how they made it better or at least just say "I understand."

2 Tea Party Guest:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say it gets easier. That I cannot do. All I can say is turn to friends for support, BLOG your heart out, and thinks happy thoughts. I know it is hard. This is my second deployment. The old saying is so true. WAR IS HELL ON THE HOMEFRONT TOO

LoveMyTanker said...

Thinking of you! Hang in there!!