CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

September 2, 2005

Hurricane Update: Everyone's fine

I spoke with my grandmother this morning and she said everyone is fine. My father, aunt and cousins all live on my grandparents' property so they all got hit the same. My brother and his wife are there, I think she said he came home last night. She said his has been working around the clock and "his face look drawn and tired." Some of the last thing he was doing was help collect the dead bodies for a refrigerator truck that couldn't make it to them.
I know for him this will be especially hard because he takes his work so personally.
But for now, my grandmother said, the power will be diverted to schools and for those whom the buses will reach, will return to school on Monday. She said she expects many of the holidays will be cut short because they have to make up for the days missed.
Mark said he thinks he'll have to go back out there tonight, but is still unsure of what is yet to come.
But for now though, everything is o.k.

0 Tea Party Guest: