CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Pages

August 31, 2005

Hurricane Update: No news

We haven't gotten much rain or wind here, but my husband's unit was told that they may be mobilized to help, but no word to "move out" yet.
My mom's in a panic because my brother lives just 30 north of New Orleans and we can't get his wife or daughters on the phone. He was called to work on Sunday (he's a medic with Acadian ambulance) and haven't heard from him either.
His wife and daughters were invited to come to our house to wait it out, but my oldest niece was driving in from college
(same area) with her boyfriend to help board the house, according to my dad.
I'm sure they are alright since their area was not evacuated, but I do hope they had stocked up on food and stuff, because the store will be hit pretty hard now.
T-mobile has set up multiple internet sites for families to email loved ones, so I check mine often.
All we can do now is wait and pray.
Mark, Christie and girls, if you get a chance to get on the internet email mom, she is really worried and will call the rest of us!

0 Tea Party Guest: